Roofing companies are as old as time as they provide a fundamental service required by property owners. However, the way each roofing company is found by the right customer base has evolved radically. This is largely due to the evolution of marketing and with it, consumer behaviour.
Studies have shown that 85% of consumers search online before making a purchase or procuring a service. The same is true for roofing companies, people look online first.
Some might argue that billboards, newspaper, or magazine adverts, and even radio and television are great mediums for advertising. But their reach is largely unmeasurable, whereas online mediums of advertising have a target audience reach of 95%. This translates into a significantly higher ROI. Meaning effective commercial roofing marketing can now be achieved in a cost-effective and measurable way via the world of digital marketing.
Whether a roofing company has a well-established customer base, or they are freshly starting out; investing in roofing digital marketing will be greatly beneficial. Why?
- It is cost effective.
- Targets the right audience.
- Increases customer engagement.
- Accurately measures the results of roofing marketing efforts.
- Increases brand credibility.
Therefore, every roofing businesses must tap into the immense potential of digital marketing.
But how to best market a roofing company? And what tools are most effective in creating a valuable online presence?
1. Create a Stellar Roofing Website!
This may seem obvious, but the importance of a well-designed website should not be overlooked. The roofing company website is the potential clients first impression of the type and quality of the services offered. And in order for the website to be an asset to the business, it must meet the following criteria:
- Speed- The time taken for the website to load can play an important factor in the effectiveness of the site. The average person expects a page to load within 2 seconds. Basically, speed equals conversion.
- Mobile-friendly- More than 50% of all online searches originate from a smartphone which makes mobile optimisation of the website the smart choice.
- Security- Internet security is a real concern and most people are not likely to visit an unsecured website. Hence, securing the website with HTTPS, not only makes it rank higher on Google searches, but also makes the website more appealing for browsing by users.
- User-friendly- This applies not only to designing a website that is easy to navigate, but also in allowing the website to play the role of a customer service representative.
- Quality content- The content provided to the users should prove to them that the business behind the website can provide all their roofing needs. The content should ideally focus on exhibiting roofing expertise and building trust. This can be achieved by including company certifications, awards, and client testimonials in the website.
2. Apply Roofing SEO
Being seen is everything. Especially on the first page of a Google search.
And a great website is only as valuable as the customer base it reaches. SEO plays an important part in ensuring that the roofing company is seen by a customer searching for roofing solutions. Search engine optimisation involves creating content that improves the roofing website to increase its visibility, thereby attracting prospective clients. Simply put, SEO is one of the leading drivers of organic traffic to the roofing website.
So how exactly does it work? And why is it so important?
Every day, more than 3 billion searches are done on Google alone. And most users (almost 68%), don’t click beyond the first 5 results of a search. So, the importance of a website to be more visible than its competitors is paramount. This is where SEO makes all the difference.
Although there are more than 200 different criteria that search engines like Google factor in when ranking websites, the most significant factors are related to:
- Content- Both the quality and length of the content influences website ranking. Ideally, the content of a roofing website should be useful and relevant to its users. And posts and user focused articles containing more than 3000 words are found to get 3 times more traffic than shorter articles.
- UI/UX of the website- Structuring the roofing website to enhance page loading speed, security, and mobile-usability not only impacts user experience, but also affects SEO optimisation.
- Off-page influences- These are the factors that improve the websites’ credibility. These include valuable backlinks and social signals from relevant and high quality websites. The off-page factors take into account users’ perception of the website based on its trustworthiness and popularity, which in turn can affect its Google ranking.
SEO for roofing contractors includes on-page optimisation, curating quality content, off page optimisation and building brand integrity. All of this results in an increase in traffic which creates increased revenue.
3. Utilize GMB and Local SEO
Google My Business is an essential tool in marketing that can generate leads which could translate into exposure, sales, and revenue. By creating a listing of the roofing business on Google, the GMB tool allows virtually unmatched interaction with potential customers that could boost company credibility.
For it to be most effective, the GMB tool must be managed and optimised by employing all the features it has to offer. Here’s why:
- Location- Improves ranking on “near me” searches
- Contact Information- Helps clients contact the business effortlessly
- Photos- Optimises company profile and directly generates more clicks
- Reviews- Encourages user interaction, boosts brand credibility and improves search ranking
These tools increase brand visibility on relevant searches thereby providing greater leads and sales.
4. Invest in PPC’s
Pay-Per-Click advertising is an affordable and measurable marketing strategy in which advertisers only pay each time a user clicks on their ad. This guarantees an increase in roofing leads by almost 20%.
PPC’s such as Google Ads help build the online presence of the roofing business and markets the roofing services available to genuinely interested users.
That’s not all. Through the tenaciousness of remarketing, PPC’s ensure the roofing services remain topmost on consumers’ minds. Remarketing works by specifically targeting visitors of the website and reminding them of these services through targeted ads via other online platforms.
5. Create Informative Blogs on Roofing
Blog posts are great to introduce quality content to a roofing website. This in turn leads to an increase in leads which results in an increase in sales.
Well written blogs are those which are interesting and informative. The blogs should aim for fresh user focused content which provide users with answers to common roofing questions such as “What is flashing?” or “How long does it take to install a new roof?”. By answering these queries and providing roofing solutions, the website can create brand trust and foster customer loyalty. In fact, studies show over 60% of consumers are willing to make purchases based only on blog posts.
And by creating content that is focused on the users’ needs, and aiding them in better understanding the roofing process, blogs can maximise roofing SEO and generate leads and eventually, conversions. Win, win, win.
6. Use Email- 59% of respondents say their purchase decisions were swayed by email marketing.
Compared to other digital marketing strategies, email may seem almost passé. Not true! Email remains a powerful resource for roofing marketing. Why? Because:
- It is cost-effective
- Has unparalleled reach
- It is specific and targeted
Emails are like dispatching roofing business flyers into customer mailboxes but in a much more personalised way. They offer greater user engagement and generate increased brand visibility and sales.
Creating email lists of existing clients is also great for advertising promotions, marketing new services, or even acting as reminders for scheduled roof inspections. Ultimately the goal of being seen and hired is accomplished.
7. Exploit Social Media
When it comes to roofing digital marketing, no stone (or shingle) must be left unturned. And that applies to social media platforms as well. Online platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube are important and powerful tools to reach potential customers.
By customising the company’s social media pages, it is possible to create a unique brand personality that attracts target audiences.
The roofing company could distinguish themselves with unique content including promotions, giveaways, and team profiles. It may also be used to establish a solid reputation in roofing by posting pictures of completed projects. All these serve to increase user engagement and customer interaction.
These roofing digital marketing strategies are proven to increase leads, create sales and grow the customer base. All of which essentially boosts brand value and credibility.
If your roofing business is looking to do the same, contact the team at Serendipity! We specialise in bespoke SEO services and digital marketing for roofing companies in London.